Here will be listed of performance / stronger than stock parts available for various setups.
- 1 Catch Can
- 2 TDI (VE 1.9 1z,AHU,ALH,AFN)
- 2.1 ARP Studs
- 2.2 Lifter / Cam Follower Upgrades
- 2.3 Nozzles
- 2.4 Rods
- 2.5 Pistons
- 2.6 Aux Oil/Coolers
- 2.7 VNT Controllers for mTDI
If you're high boosting you may benefit with a Catch Can
The most common used is the Provent 200
Catch Can 3931070550 found here
Check Valve 2400843621 found here
Plumb the CCV filter drain into the pan or if you got a metal oil filler tube that.
Below oil level, no check valve needed.
Above oil level, check valved required
TDI (VE 1.9 1z,AHU,ALH,AFN)
Main Bearing Studs
P/N 202-5401 - confirmed
P/N 204-5408 - not confirmed, but supposedly works
Lifter / Cam Follower Upgrades
P/N 038-109-309C Can be used which was used on the later TDIs
Rosten has a long tried and true history
Integrated Engineering has had a bumpy rep with fitment in the 1.9 VE TDIs
Standard ASV 79.51mm pistons OEM swap available at Cascade German
Oversized 0.5mm 80.00mm pistons available at Cascade German
Choose an Oil Cooler:
- 1x 028117021E - oil cooler V6 4Motion Cooler - Good for Stock AHU engines
- 1x 028117070B - oem cooler seal. The febi one sucked
- 1x 038117021B - oil cooler for a 2.0 TDI engine - Good for Enhanced AHU Engines
- 1x 038117070B - oem cooler seal.
Get the tube & nut; same for both O/Cs
- 1x 028115721B - union tube
- 1x 068115723 - hexagon nut; ADC,AAZ,ABA,; AHU,1Z
This is pretty simple just slide it over the (028115721B - union tube) into the oil-filter assembly. The ports will face left of the engine indicated in the photo below. If you look at the top of the cooler and inside the flange you'll see the 'oil' feed line hole. Those basically need to match up.
Then place the oil-cooler over it and attach with the (068115723 - hexagon nut)
This is what a 2.0 TDI O/C with Karl's moddification done installed looks like:
VNT Controllers for mTDI
You would use it with a Dawes Device Valve found here